Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Every Morning the Maple Leaves

The Hubs and I went thrifting in downtown  on Sunday.

Sunday is the time to visit San Diego's historic Gaslamp District.

The meters are free, but more importantly the gobs of people that are usually milling around the streets making parking horrendous and filling up every place are gone... sleeping somewhere?

Anyway, we found a few different shops.

I love the feeling I get at the beginning of each thrifting rampage I go on.

It's like being on the edge of the unknown.

Maybe not so serious sounding though.

The feeling of not knowing what surprises and treasures you might find is intoxicating though.

Each new store has the possibility of dusty, unloved magic there.  It's great.

Even though I now live in Sunny SD, I find that I want a cozy sweater to wear on days when it dips in the sixties (ha, that's for all my friends in the colder climates) and I need a thicker layer on.

I found this sweater and immediately wanted to pair it with some boots and a belt.  Which is exactly what I did.

What do you think would be another good way to wear this?


Here's my friend again
My hair is flipping out behind my ears... I don't know what to do about it.


B and I have been trying to cut back on our non-necessity purchasing so this is my first clothes/thrift purchase in a while.  It was a whopping 2 bucks :)

I think I'll cherish it for a while.

Does anyone have any thrift store suggestions for the So Cal area?

This sweater makes me want to stay home drinking tea and reading myself silly.

What do you like to wear when you want to be the most comfortable?

No comments:

Post a Comment