Monday, March 14, 2011

All things Pi

Something you discover when you are low on funds and entertainment is the local library.

We have one only a few blocks away which has been a safe haven for me in the last few weeks.

One of my first check-outs was the audio book of "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel.

It has won my heart.

I have been told by many, many people to read it.

I finally listened to it.

The reader was perfection.  The story was perfection.

It filled my head with images and heart with happiness.

It's a gem.

I finished it today...

on Pi day...

Also perfection?

I think so.

Just a few images to pique your interest.



I'm sad that I've finished it.  I'll miss you Pi.  I'll miss you Richard Parker.

Don't you love how characters come into your life during your brief entanglement with their pages?

I do.

I hate saying goodbye.

Somewhat unrelated--I had a dream last night about the funeral of a friend of mine I lost years ago.  My pillow was soaking when I awoke.

I'm not sure why I'm adding that to this post, but it is still in my head.

"The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity; it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it, a jealous, possessive love that grabs at what it can."
— Yann Martel (Life of Pi)

Listening to that book was such a beautiful experience, as was knowing and losing such a great person.  Those things are related, but not related to each other.  

Have you ever felt that a part of you would be missing forever when you put down a story?

Anyway, enjoy a piece of pie and think fondly of your math teacher today.  I'm wishing my mom, a high school math teacher, was here with me to sing some of her songs that she has created just for Pi Day.


Happy Pi Day Everyone!


P.S.  
I hate to do this, but I need HELP with my layout.
I want the blog to be wider--the full width of the screen.  Everything is out of whack and I don't know how to fix it. I want to clean it up and fix it.

HELP?!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I was just paying more attention because of your dream, but last night at a pub I saw a look alike of Andy as well.

    ReplyDelete